Tuesday, July 26, 2011

What's Happening Now...

The school/student dreams have officially begun.  Actually, they began around July 4th.  Do people in other careers dread their jobs as much as teachers/school staff members do?  Hmmm. 

BUT summer isn't over just yet, and it's been fabulous so far.  Since my last post, we went on a fabulous vacation to Charleston (where we spent our 2nd anniversary) and then spent some time with the Martins/Greesons in Myrtle.  Fun was had by all. 












Dolly was spectacular!  Thompson-Boling was packed with fans and her concert was one of the best I've ever seen/heard.  What a performer!  I hope I have that much spunk and energy when I'm her age. 


The last Harry Potter film was released and Stacy and I went to the midnight premier.  I can't help feeling like a part of my childhood has officially been shut down.  We're talking eleven years of my life...waiting for the next book to come out, then the next movie, and now it's over.  Sigh.  At least Hunger Games comes out next March!



Luke Alan Renfro was born on the night of HP; he's the perfect addition to such a cute little family! 



Last week, Christopher and I rescued a bat.  Bart flew into our windshield late at night on our way home and got stuck under the wiper.  He had a torn wing and other damage, so we rehabilitated him as best we could until we were finally able to take him to Wyn Wood Wildlife Rehab Center in the hollars of Elizabethton.  I hope he's doing well!



Nana turned 88 today...I find myself putting emotional distance between the two of us to better prepare myself for the day she is no longer with us.  It's a terrible thing to do; we can't all live with our guards up in hopes of numbing ourselves from the pain of loss.  Instead, we should enjoy one another fully and live with zeal and vigor (much like Roby J).  But I think of how hard it was to lose him, and the thoughts of losing Nana...well, I just can't even stomach the thought.  Yet only God knows what each of our futures hold, and I rest easy in the assurance that He holds my loved ones and me in His hands. 


No comments:

Post a Comment