Monday, May 14, 2012

Um, so it really has been close to a year since my last post...a year! Grad school has certainly sucked the life out of me...thankfully, I will officially be done this August!  Last July, I was suffering from back-to-school depression. However, this year has truly been wonderful. Administration has been supportive, innovative, and fun. Some of my students have been amazing! Most teachers agree that the current sophomore class is one of the coolest, most interesting, and most motivated classes we've ever seen. They actually WANT to learn; what a concept! It has certainly made my job much more enjoyable and fulfilling.

School is, indeed, winding down for the year. We've already had Yearbook Day, Honors Day, prom, and even the seniors spent their last regular school day with us on Friday. I cried on and off the whole day as I realized just how much I am going to miss some incredible students. These are students that came to Central High School when I did four years ago. I've had some of them three, even four years in a row! They were my first group of Natural Helpers, and I believe I have formed some life-long friendships with several of them. There is a large core group of these seniors who strive to live a Godly, morally-driven lifestyle. They stand up for their beliefs and refuse to give into the pressures put on them by their peers and the media. To say that I am proud to know them is an understatement, and it isn't enough to say that I will miss them terribly!!




Can't even imagine volleyball without Amber!



Mariah is such a blessing to this community!

My awesome Natural Helpers at our Easter Egg Hunt!


I've known Meg for years! Certainly will miss her!

Love my Tiffany <3

Central will NOT be the same without Mr. Joseph Minga!

Christopher and I can only hope to have a son like this guy someday.

Taylor Mae Cockrell...love this girl.


I'm sure later this week, after graduation, there will be much more about the awesome Central Cougar class of 2012!

On a different note...

In January, Amanda and Josh added this little guy to their family:

Hudson is just too cute for words, and I cannot WAIT until the three of them move back here in June after their four-year venture in Memphis!


Christopher sold his Nissan 350Z so that we could make a down payment for a loan on a big piece of property in Blountville...but more on that later!

I had a few triathlons scheduled for this summer, but school and work are interfering. Going to just focus on running!
This is me winning my age group at a short race this past Saturday.

In about three weeks, I will be going to New Orleans with my best friend from high school, and to say that I am excited is an understatement!


Lastly, this past weekend was Mother's Day.  We celebrated with the Martins last week and forgot to take pictures. Jennifer, my sister-in-law, is very much pregnant and due to have little Quinn Ellis in just a few weeks!

We did celebrate with my family yesterday at my house. I so much adore my mom and my sweet grandmothers and I am very blessed to have had them in my life all this time.

Mom and Sis <3


Mother's Day 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment