Thursday, February 3, 2011

The 30 Day Photo Challenge Day Nine

Pray for my friend Brittany; she and her husband just left for a mission trip in Peru.  After a horrendous time getting there (several delayed flights, no vegan in-flight meals, and lost luggage), Brittany found out her grandmother just passed away.  God has a purpose for you Brit!

The 30 Day Photo Challenge:  Day Nine

A photo of someone who has gotten you through the most.

I'm going to majorly cheat here and choose three people; I feel like these three people have gotten me through the most, but in different places/scenarios.  First up:


My best friend since 8th grade, Trisha!  Though we've known each other since 6th grade, it literally took three years to break through this girl's shell!  She invited me to a slumber party in 8th grade, and that was that.  We connected so well because unlike many of our peers around us, we chose to strive to live Godly lives, which meant staying away from drugs, sex, and alcohol.  We went through so much together in high school and our friendship never faltered in college or adulthood.  I don't know what I would've ever done without her friendship! 


Tracy!  Our relationship began 11 years ago when Tracy was my volleyball coach.  We had an immediate connection, and I believe we always were closer than just player/coach.  By senior year, it was obvious that Tracy was almost like a second mom.  We remained close after I graduated high school, and when I was 19, Tracy offered me the job of coaching the freshman volleyball team at Central.  Ultimately, this was how I found my calling.  I adored coaching, and soon after decided to become a teacher.  (More specifically, I decided to become an English teacher, just like her!)  I loved coaching at my alma mater, and I honestly always felt at ease knowing that I had a great chance of getting hired there after graduation.  Now, Tracy and I teach in classrooms right next to each other!  We have CERTAINLY been through so many things...good, bad, and ugly things.  I don't know what I would have ever done without her!

And, of course, where would I be without my mommy? She is my BFF for life.  Though we certainly butted heads pretty much until I was like 18, I know now we struggled so much because we're just alike.  She has always known me better than anyone.  When I went off to Carson-Newman, she never expected me to call or come home very often.  I ended up calling practically every night, or at least every other night.  After college, I was so grateful to fall in love with someone who wanted to live here in the Tri-Cities.  I would've been heart-broken if I had to move away.  I really don't think I could be away from my family.  Next to Christopher, my mom is my best friend ever! 


No comments:

Post a Comment