Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The 30 Day Photo Challenge Day Seven

Ha!  While I was typing out the title of this post, I got six and seven confused and typed "sex".  Should've left it to see how many people even noticed.  Hmmmm.

Anyways...

Received an A+ on my first grad school essay.  Must admit it has me feeling very proud and optimistic!

The 30 Day Photo Challenge:  Day Seven

A picture of your most treasured item.

Ok people.  I'm not going to lie here and act like the first thing that came to my mind was "my salvation" or "my faith" or something abstract.  Those are not items, and while I do treasure both, I think a treasured item should be something concrete, with sentimental value. Matthew 6:19-20 reminds us that Earthly treasures are obsolete in eternity:

“Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

 But for this purpose, I want to think of material things that I treasure.  Yes, I understand I "can't take them with me", so why not enjoy them while I can?  I think of my wedding rings, which are not only beautiful but represent a commitment I made to my husband.  I think of my Harry Potter Box set that I received for Christmas after wanting it for soooooooooo long.  I think of my Ipod that has been there through every grueling and challenging run, as well as every victorious finish at a race.  But, above all those things, I think of these:


My Nana's pearls.  The history behind them is so sweet.  On June 27th, 1949, my Nana and Papaw were married.  My Papaw gave his bride these pearls as a wedding gift.  She kept them for years, and they've remained in wonderful shape (she did have to have them re-strung once).  On my 21st birthday, my Nana passed her pearls on to me with a beautiful note explaining the story behind them.  Christopher and I now share a wedding anniversary with them (June 27th, 2009) which seems to just make everything complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment