Monday, February 7, 2011

The 30 Day Photo Challenge Day Thirteen

Today was certainly a Monday.  Blech.  Fingers crossed for snow tonight so we can at least have a 2-hour delay!


The 30 Day Photo Challenge:  Day Thirteen

A picture of your favorite band or artist.

I have many favorites:  Third Eye Blind, Coldplay, Incubus, Band of Horses...but really...

 no question here.



Relient K.

For starters, I have the longest history with them.  I've been with them since their first album (self-titled) which I purchased my freshman year of high school.  Almost twelve years ago.  Since then, they have lost and gained some members, but the core group has remained strong.  More than nine albums and several EP's later, they are still my favorite band.  Their music is kind of rock, kind of punk, kind of alternative...but more importanly, their music is Godly.  Not just "goodly", but Godly.  Their purpose is to serve God and spread His word, but this is NOT a praise/worship band.  However, for what it's worth, I feel much more apt to worship and sing to the Lord to some of their songs (For the Moments I Feel Faint, I Am Understood) than I am to the songs I hear in church.  Please don't hate me for admitting that.  The band still writes about relative issues; love, loss, death, friendship, anger, jealousy...taxes...

Their songs are honest and sincere, and their Christian perspective is uplifting and heartening.  Some of their songs are just plain fun (Sadie Hawkins Dance).  I love their music and it's comforting to know that I can enjoy them and feel at ease knowing they are God-approved.  And for the day that the band decides to call it quits, I know two Martins in this household who will be very sad...


Matty T at the Orange Peel:  June 2009




No comments:

Post a Comment