Thursday, January 27, 2011

The 30 Day Photo Challenge Day Two

Today was a great day, even though the exhaustion and sore throat are still lingering.  Had a surprise visit from Mrs. Riden-Bacon during class today and my kids were great, all 35 of them!  I shall probably reward them with something chocolate.  I am rather fond of my classes for the most part.  Hope they don't make me change my mind.

I'm also so happy to be blogging by our gas fireplace.  The logs came with the house, and our Christmas present from the rents was to hook them up to a propane tank.  Took a while to get everything working, but I am finally enjoying their toasty warmth!  Thank you Mark, Robynn, Danny, and Glenda!

The 30 Day Challenge:  Day Two

Day 2 - A picture of you and the person you have been closest with the longest.


Next to my sister, Megan is the person that I have been closest to the longest.  Technically, I've known her longer than my sister since Megan and I have been friends since the womb!  Our moms were friends since elementary school.  Then, after getting married to their husbands, they moved into the same neighborhood with only one house separating them.  And, amazingly, our moms got pregnant at pretty much the same time.  I arrived on June 21st, 1985, and Meg followed shortly after on July 3rd.  Our childhood was spent at each other's birthday parties and an occasional trip to Sanibel with our families.  Holiday gatherings were especially fun, as Megan and I (and later on, Stacy) made up skits and dances and performed for our parents.  Those home videos are priceless and should never be seen by anyone but us.  Although we never went to the same school, many afternoons consisted of meeting on the "hill" between our houses and passing the time away in the Booker or Wingate household.  Out of our many slumber parties, I'm particularly fond of the night we lazed about on Megan's couch, watching a movie, and discovered a large cave cricket in the floor in front of us.  We were both too terrified to leave the couch, and I had to use the bathroom.  I think eventually we braved it and put a trash can over the deadly creature so we could sleep in peace. 

As we got on into high school, we saw each other rarely.  Then, about the time we were ready to graduate college, the opportunity arose for us to go to Europe for a month with King College.  The picture above is of the two of us on a train to Florence.  It was a wonderful trip and a great way to re-kindle our friendship!  I feel so blessed to have had her as a bridesmaid at our wedding, and although she resides in Knoxville, we get together whenever she's in town.  Shelley and Megan:  Friends in the womb (just not the same womb!)

No comments:

Post a Comment