Monday, January 17, 2011

Underdog

I am so weak and I'm so tired; it's hard for me to find enough strength to feed the fires
that fuel my ego

and consequently all my pride has but died which leaves me

down on my knees, back to the place I should've started from

Been beat up, been broken down
nowhere but up when I'm face down on the ground
I'm in last place, if a place at all, but there's HOPE for this underdog!

That's the way, uh huh, we like it
they call me the underdog.

I'm in this race to win a prize, the odds against me

the world has plans for my demise, but what they don't see

is that a winner is not judged by his small size, but by the substitute he picks to run the race

and mine's already won.

-"Underdog" by Audio Adrenaline


"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."
Hebrews 12:1-2

Thankful tonight for a Savior who is strong when I am weak, and who pushes me to carry on when I feel like quitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment