Saturday, January 8, 2011

Steele Creek Crew

So I'm completely pooped. Why? My out-of-shape butt played 9 matches of volleyball today nearly non-stop. That's 18 individual games. This was a tournament to finish out the women's quad league at the YWCA, and we played from 11:30 until 6:30. However, the pain and exhaustion are TOTALLY worth it, because Steele Creek Crew made it to the championship for the first time ever! Last year we lost in the semi's, but today we played some awesome teams and won some hard-fought matches. We lost in the finals, but were none-the-less just happy to have made it there. Yet, it wouldn't have mattered if we'd lost every game today, because I LOVE playing with my sister and my friends, Julie and Beth. We've known each other nearly our whole lives (well, obviously my I've known my sister for a pretty good chunk of my life) and have been great friends and teammates since high school. We dubbed ourselves "Steele Creek Crew" years ago, because in high school we were running buddies, with our favorite route being at Steele Creek. Those days of running together ended when I graduated high school (Julie and Beth are two years younger than I am), but we've played volleyball together almost every year since then. I'm so grateful to have played with them year after year; our love for the game and our great chemistry make for some good times!

Proverbs 27:17
As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Proverbs 17:17
17 A friend loves at all times...

No comments:

Post a Comment