Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sunday Summary

Due to the two hours I just spent writing my first essay for Grad School, plus the other reading/writing/work I've done today, I believe I would prefer to simply compile a list of my thoughts at the present time.

*I loved my homework today.  I truly must be a nerd.  I'm also greatly looking forward to reading 40 childrens' books and 8 childrens' novels from now until May.  No, I'm serious.  (Shoutout to Jennifer Greeson for the fabulous recommendations!)

*I wish I could just get paid to be a student.  It seems to be a wondrous profession/vocation.

*I love basketball.  It's my favorite sport, and I got a lot of it this weekend.  Attended the varsity boys' and girls' games Friday night and Saturday night.  Unfortunately, the boys didn't do so hot either night and blemished their almost perfect conference record.  I love these kids though, and I love to watch them play.  Also, my beloved VOLS pulled off a win over Vandy.  Came back from a 17-point deficit to win by 3.  Go Vols!

*Right now I'm taking a break from schoolwork to blog.  I'm also watching the Golden Globes.  As a young girl, I used to dream of being an actress.  I loved performing in plays and musicals at Theater Bristol.  It is safe to say that since adolescence, I have watched nearly every Golden Globe Awards show and the Oscars.  I think Hollywood actors and actresses are the closest our country gets to royalty (outside of the President).  While it may seem superficial and shallow to ooh and ahh over beautiful red-carpet gowns and sappy acceptance speeches, I believe these award shows are crucial to maintaining a sense of history and aspiration.  Movies, tv, and the people who make them have been bright spots in a dark economy more than one time throughout our nations history.  Why not take time to forget about the harsh realities and responsibilities of daily life, and honor those same people whose sole profession is to help us do this very thing? 

*Chris Colfer, who plays Kurt on one of my favorite shows, Glee, just won a Globe!  Go Kurt!

*Official triathlon training starts soon.  This 40+ degree weather is welcome!

Hope everyone has a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Hurray for children's literature! Happy reading! :) Love-
    Sis in law

    ReplyDelete